8/23/2010

heading over the pond

This last week has been a whirlwind of preparations and running around. So much so that I can't wait to get a "good" rest on my flights (first to Boston, then to London). I do not know how many different plans we had to make with all the changes and things not working out. But it all will work out, one way or another.

I have been in this planning phase so long that it just feels natural to be finally flying out. I've worked out an itinerary for my two days in London, two days in Paris, the train rides between the two, my arrival into Stuttgart, the shipping of my luggage, studying London's Tube map and Paris' Metro map, where I'm eating, where I'm sleeping, financing and housing and registering for the University, canceling insurances and bills and leases and memberships, saying goodbyes, and everything else it takes to move to a different county. I probably would be more excited, but in fact, I'm simply tired. I'm sure when I arrive in Europe (at 8am their time; 2am CST), it will finally click that I am no longer in the U.S. of A., and this major new step in my life has truly begun. Until then, guten Tag und guten Nacht.

No comments: