8/24/2010

flying drama

I have arrived in London! (minus my checked bag and cell phone) ... with just a bit of drama.


The flight to Boston was delayed hour and a half. I had 2 hours scheduled before my international flight to Dublin. That meant 1/2hr upon arrival at the gate to departure. At some point while rushing off the plane, trotting down the corridors, taking a bus to the international terminal, and re-going through security, I lost my cell phone. In any case, I got on my international flight just 10min. before they closed the gate. So I'm pretty sure that's where my bag failed to make the journey across the ocean. But none of that really matters because I can't use my cell phone here and I've packed everything for the week of holiday into my carry-on.


So all is well. I've either been in an airport or on a plane for 20 hours now. It feels good to stretch out in my hotel room. Now it's time to tour about the city. And undoubtedly get a little lost. Fist stop: the area around St. James Park; then the Thames River.

No comments: