7/18/2008

not in India any more

So these are various statements that I have made that have caused my sister to do a double-take, and then laugh with understanding. These might mean absolutely nothing to you, and I am sorry that you are missing out.


Me: "Wow, the cows are on the other side of the fence!"
Kelli: "Of course they are." (spoken with a very confused tone)
Me: "I guess they will no longer cause a traffic jam."
__________
Kelli: "You might see people walking with a stick."
Me: "Is that their monkey beating stick?"
__________
Me to U.S. airline steward: "Is this water purified?"
__________

Me (after using a washing machine): "Wow, actually my beanie (stocking cap) is already dry."

Kelli (after feeling my beanie): "It's not dry. Though I guess it is more dry than any clothing you have had for a while." (remembering that it is still the rainy season (monsoon) in Northern India and has been since May/June)

__________

Kelli: "Let's go for a walk on the coast. I'll get my car keys."

Me: "Keys? How far is it again to the coast?"

Kelli: "Half mile ..."

Me: "Why are we driving half a mile to walk to drive back home?"

(further update: we now walk to our walk ... and walk back home. And life is good.)

No comments: