7/18/2008

home

Another major chapter of my life has closed and I feel like I am staring at the next page which appears to be empty ... or at least written in a foreign alphabet. Maybe God has drawn it with invisible markers, and slowly (ever so slowly, apparently) He will use the magic marker (the white one that reveals what is hidden) to bring various elements of the whole picture to the surface.


Anyway, so my travels back across the ocean and down to Texas went wonderfully. My flights were early, my bags did not take any unauthorized detours, and I had good conversations with various people on the planes. Yesterday was the longest day I have had in my life. I had breakfast three times ... all at breakfast time. My 30 some-odd hour day finally came to an end after taking a walk along the coast.

Oh, and a word to the wise: after a mostly veg diet for six months, it is not recommended to digest (attempt to digest) onion rings (fried) and popcorn chicken (fried) with a thick white gravy on the day of arrival. Though the food was amazingly good, I think my stomach is still working with it.

Besides that, I am recovering nicely, have a 'to-do' list that is ever growing, am moving in with my sister, and not culture shocking surprisingly (it will probably hit later ...).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!

tam said...

Thanks Doug! It feels good to be here.