11/24/2007

Black Thursday

Something is amiss. I understand that technically this was Thanksgiving weekend, but it was not, really, at least for me. Because of a number of circumstances, one of which being the ever infamous miss-communication, the traditional Thanksgiving that I can remember throughout my lifetime did not happen this year. We would go to my dad's family with his two brothers and their families and his mother. Great cooking, lots of food and then grazing for the next couple of days, generally relaxing and laughter. However, this year, it was just my sister Kelli and I in her apartment in Austin. Do not get me wrong, we have had a great time in each other's company, but it is so familiar ... just like other weekends that I have come up to hang. And I expect the same for Christmas. I wonder if I can expect this for years to come?
On a different note: I am now Skype able. Bought a web cam and headset today (with Black Friday sales). I also got a new digital camera because I broke the display screen of my old faithful camera who survived many mis-adventures with me. But that is neither here nor there. So Skype me (tam.williamson) if you find me on or we can set up an appointment while I am in India or where ever else in the world. (It is free).

To cap off a good day, my sister and I just worked out (in an incredibly empty gym) and took showers. So life is good ... and clean.

Anyway, I have been writing this post for a couple of days now. Started with nothing but the blank screen and a swirl of ideas. Then came the first line. That is how I left it yesterday. Now, there is this, though I am in process of formulating questions that probably have no clear answers. But I will get to that tomorrow I suppose. Two of the upcoming posts are most likely going to center around: 1) what I am thankful for (might as well, and it is good to remember as often as possible); 2) people's response to India news. But I will get to that tomorrow I suppose. Until then ...

No comments: