7/06/2010

world's fair

I must say, I'm getting pretty excited. There is still so much to do within the next 2 months, and some have deadlines much closer to that. But that's the nature of departure, I suppose.

I received an email this morning from the university (specifically from the program director that I'm in) with a list of those of us who are getting an on-campus flat so that we could check accuracy. It has move-in dates (most being 1 Sept.), surnames, and country of origin.

The country part is the exciting one for me. (And I suppose that fact that I will have more official German address within weeks from now.) Chile, China, El Salvador, Ethopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Russia, Sudan, Syria, Uganda, & Venezuela. I am the only USA person, though I have already communicated with the other USA guy who has already moved into a place of his own in Stuttgart. But I am thrilled with the opportunity to work & play & live alongside people from so very different backgrounds and cultures. It should be a fascinating experience.

No comments: