4/24/2010

where I see myself

"What?" I kind of got that in a ball park now. "Where?" This one is a rather elusive question to answer. The simple answer is: short term - Germany, studying at the University of Stuttgart for the next two years starting this fall; long term - uh, hmm ... well, somewhere??

I kind of see myself somewhere on this earth. I know, I know, that's not very helpful.

I had a strange thought a couple of days ago. Could I work for the United Nations? Their playground/office is all the nations. And there is a department that is UN Habitat. "The United Nations agency for human settlements, helps the urban poor by transforming cities into safer, healthier, greener places with better opportunities where everyone can live in dignity. One of their directives is to "improve the lives of at least 100 million slum dwellers by 2020", which sadly is "only 10 percent of the present worldwide slum population" - access to safe drinking water, reliable housing, and economic options. Pretty cool, huh?

But I don't know where I'm going to end up. I'm okay with that though, 'cause really, who knows anyway?

No comments: