12/14/2007

life, what's that

Christmas continues to draw near ever so slyly, and my days have settled into yet another routine of life, that is a life without school.

Why is it that we live without truly living? Why do we not reach for those passions in life, and instead, settle for a mere existence? I find that my days tend to just pass along, hour by hour. I do not want to simply fill my days with stuff - with work (though that is important financially and in experience), with school (though this too, when I return for grad school, is imperative), and with church (though I long for more and more). How is it that we can live for each day, knowing that now is the only now we are going to get and still live within the present of must do's (laundry, dishes, drive here, do that, etc.)? I think that most people desire a life of impact and purpose and meaning beyond themselves, but what is it that we are willing to sacrifice to quench this good desire? Apparently, not much ... otherwise more would do so.

But who knows - maybe I am the only one this applies to. In any case, there are some half-baked thoughts, but I need to get back to life.

No comments: