10/29/2007

joy

I am positively giddy! I do not know if I have felt joy before today - the essence of what joy stands for and brings - but here it is and here am I! Just minutes after midnight this morning, the plans that I have prepared for years now, changed. And I could not be happier for that change. I have a fantastic (most likely to become realized) opportunity to do what God has been creating me to do: to be exactly what I am. This is the source of my joy. How amazing it is to know that I am soon living into the good works planned for me in advance to administer and serve His kingdom. There is still some process involved (mainly my acceptance and a phone interview). So, instead of going to my beloved Germany to study architecture in Berlin, there is a strong possibility of working in India for Engineering Ministries International those five months in the spring of 2008 - "designing a world of hope"! That would be amazing if I also can continue on and work in Uganda during June, like I was recently planning. But if that does not happen, okay. I can work (paid work) as a house leader for local habitat or rest (imagine that) and do another Global Village Habitat project ... or maybe any other service organization that would have me.

This joy ... I never want to forget what it feels like ... where there is just no stopping an uninhibited smile that beams from ear to ear. If this is how excited I am just thinking about being in service, just imagine how off of the walls I am going to be out in the field. (I hope that this is not deflated by the upcoming all-saint's day and holidays).

No comments: