10/05/2007

could'a, would'a, should'a

I should have been finishing getting ready to leave the country again. I would have flown out tomorrow before the sun rose to fly to Guatemala with a group from my church for my second time. They (and no longer we) will be doing medical mission stuff in the mountains. There are two teams: roaming and home. The home group does eye surgeries and other stuff (I was in the other group last year, so I really do not know specifics here), while the roaming group does eye glass fittings (figuring out what will help the Mayan peoples see better) and general medicine. Being a non-medical, last year I was adopted into the pharmacy, which means: first, deciphering doctor's handwriting; second, filling the script; and then third, sometimes having to translate what the medicines are and how they need to be taken by whom in Spanish (and then another translator puts that into their native language). I tried to avoid this last step as much as possible because my German that I am actively learning gets mixed into my Spanish which I was learning back in high school.

Anyway, so I decided that it would not be wise for me to try and make this fit into everything else that has to happen. I already had the airline reservations and all of the details worked out before it became more clear that I should not go. I could have gone, I would have gone, but I shan't go. At least not this turn around. So please join with me in praying for the team and the Guatemalans that have an opportunity to experience God and His everyday miracles and His spectacular miracles.

No comments: