6/22/2007

concrete!

Whew! We finished pouring the topping slab to the second floor flat, and got a good way through the first. I had some pulley fun on our last day. We had the pulley the last two days to make it easier to bring the buckets of concrete up to the top. I was convinced that I could pulley myself up to the balcony. I put my booted-foot on the hook, my other foot on top of the first and started pulling myself off of the ground. About a foot off of the dirt, I found myself flat on my back. My center of gravity was lost, and that was that end of that. The people that witnessed my humorous attempt thought that I would have learned my lesson ... but they were wrong. I tried again; I failed again - though I did get further. So my back is a little sore and I have odd bruises, but that is the price one must pay to work toward achievement. I never got my third try because the pulley was disassembled since we finished the top flat. One day, though ... one day.

No comments: