2/09/2009

school life

So I have been trying (not very hard) to get my stuff together for graduate school applications. I oscillate between expectation of new learning possibilities and approaching even closer to my goal to be a licensed architect ... and not wanting to loose myself once again into the pattern of no (or very little) sleep, having no time for a life outside of school and work and church, and just being utterly tired.

The last go around of school, I didn't participate in the college life. My friends were good for inside studio (though I almost never stayed there to work) and sometimes a study partner here and there. This weekend, while celebrating my sister's birthday in Austin, I had the opportunity to hang out with and see what fun her UT friends had with each other. They made a point to get together. It is a pretty cool thing. I know myself and the excuses I give, but none stand up. For example: one girl changed majors a year ago, as a junior, to petroleum engineering, and still chose to graduate in four years. Nuts, I say, but she manages well to still have a fairly balanced life. So me saying, 'But I would be an architecture student in grad school. There is a reason all architecture buildings on campus have nicknames that all say the same thing - the lights are always on because students are always working.'

So, when I finally do get my act together and finish my portfolio, resume, essays, and other application needs, it would be good idea (I think) to discover how to enjoy school life meshed nicely into life outside of school. That's the plan anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you come up and hang out with us! See you soon!

Peace,