9/29/2008

who knows what I am thinking

I have been negligent in blogging for some time. As a person who processes internally, journaling is a fantastic way for what I work out and work through to become "real". I have not even opened the pages to my journal since shortly after my return from abroad. I do not know why I do not write - is it a refusal, or me simply leaving no time because I am, once again, busy with commitments that fill each week, or maybe right now the journal season has waned for me? Whatever the case, without this important step, stuff - thoughts, questions, worries, insights, trivia - stays in my head. It is hard for me to create words from abstractions and feelings and parcels of put-together expressions. Hard not necessarily as in difficult, but as in time consuming.

All of this affects the state of this blog, for one, because I simply do not have complete thoughts to share. But also in another way - sharing with others verbally. "How am I?" "What is going on with me?" even "What are your prayer requests?" I don't know, I haven't asked myself.

On a very side note: I have noticed two (probably more, but I no longer remember) things that have made me smile while running around town. I notice more and more motorcyclists on the roads with their beautiful bikes. I do not know why, but it makes me smile. The second is the Indian population that I am seeing. I go to the grocery store or Walmart or driving and I see salwar kamis suits with those choking hazards that is known as a dupata (all of this is typical Indian women dress). What a lovely reminder. It makes me want to go up to these unsuspecting females and just thank them (and probably scare them in or at least confuse them considerably).

1 comment:

Faith said...

It's always interesting what sticks out to us upon coming home.