6/16/2008

exit & re-entry

I just wanted to send a quick note out (though with really slow internet, "quick" should come with a disclaimer).


I am doing my exit interview at the end of this week. eMi does this about a month before departure so that what is discussed about re-entering our home culture and leaving the culture and community that we have learned to call home ... these things can soak in. We will talk through what stumbling blocks we might encounter, what specific things could trigger culture shock, and how to move back in with as much grace as possible. Also on the agenda is how I have seen God here and how I feel God has changed me. So many deep, introspective ponderings and questions. I will let you know if I pass. (just kidding).


Two new interns have arrived from the states, and two more will arrive in two weeks. The summer interns here first went on a project trip and then have come up the mountain to continue and hopefully finish the work they have started. It was fun to listen to their stories of all the "firsts" they experienced during this first time in India. It reminded me of when I first arrived and the newness of everything. There is something spectacular about it - seeing God's children here and His amazing creation with fresh eyes. I want to hold onto the part of that which enables me to be utterly amazed at the depth of God's movement ... every where I go.

No comments: