6/02/2008

distracted

I have been really distracted these last couple of days. It has been hard to keep focused. It is like at some point I turned a corner where I knew that I am leaving India and this chapter of my life. Even though I still have seven weeks, I feel like I am on my way out. I would like to stay in it here. I still have a bit of work to do; I am still living here in Mussoorie in community; and God still wants to continue to shape me. And it does not help that there is this large "white board of destiny" that holds our lives in four month intervals. It is now the beginning of June, May is erased and September will be added in its place right next to the already posted June, July, and August - all laid right before our eyes in the center of the office. I do not know about the rest of ya'll, but our year seemingly goes by three times as quickly. So no wonder why I feel like I am already back in the States and needing to figure out what life will look like in 2009 (nevertheless for the rest of 2008).

2 comments:

Faith said...

I'm with you. I have no clue what August holds and I am really struggling with this lack of knowledge. I know God has a plan and purpose, but obviously it is not on my schedule and it is somewhat stressful. I wish I knew what He was preparing me for. Prayers for you as you follow God's guidance and look forward to what the future holds!

RuthT said...

Our reliance on God would never take place if we knew everything up front. Struggling, that is a fact of human life...don't let any "older" person fool you, they still struggle too...God's timing and revelation are all we can count on. We must get comfort from that very fact. Be blessed with peace. Find strength and comfort in your daily walk with Jesus.