4/26/2008

Prayer and Fasting

Wow. These last two days were intense. The entire India office of eMi put aside work and such to come together as one body devoted to time of prayer and worship. We fasted those two days also. We started and ended this fast with communion (beginning and end). I think I am still processing, but how amazing it is to be led in an hour and a half of worship and scripture reading and prayer by our director. We all took off our shoes/sandals and stood in a pretty tight ring all standing on a rug in the center of the room. We ended that time in a unique way that I think is spectacular. We all held up our left neighbor's right arm as we worshipped - signifying the fact that we are unified in purpose of bringing glory to God and we will be responsible to enable and support each other in this as well (think Exodus 17 when Moses' arms had to be held up so that the Israelites could be victorious). Amazing two days. It was a good experience for me in a couple of respects, one being that one of the staff and I facilitated the entire time, organizing the theme, schedules, people's responsibilities, and the opening and closing times.

This level of community I think I am going to miss when I go back to the States. If we could only introduce this kind of intentionality in the work place, in the home ... or even in the church. What amazing things God could do through us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me!
Peace,