9/02/2007

thoughts on life after death

This has nothing really to do with missional work, but it has every thing to do with who I am and whose I am.

On May 16th of this year my dad died. I spent the majority of the last three months trying not to grieve (along with jumping from country to country). I just did not want to be that messy person with uncontrolled outbursts and an uneasy temper. Then, as of a week ago, I decided that I needed to grieve - what ever that means. I tried to force emotion to come so that I could reconnect and move on. And now, as of just a couple of days ago, I think that I am now to the point where I simply want to be (and I know that my pastor suggested this months ago). I do not want to try to be anything or not be anything. Just be. When I get angry or hurt or lonely, okay. When I am just living and not even considering death, okay. You know, this philosophy sure makes life easier. I am glad that most people do not hold expectations for this era of change, but I am relieved to discover that I don't have to either. As I learned to say in Mexico: Gracias a Dios.

No comments: