8/27/2007

executive decision

I have made an executive decision (which I dare say is allowed by the author) to hurry up with my Mexico trip postings. 1) It is taking much time and words; 2) More adventures are coming and some have already come; 3) and I just simply need to move on. So this post and maybe two to three others seem to be in order.













Welcome to Sinforosa. This is a very beautiful national park that we went to while in Mexico on a weekend. You drive in and walk over to the observation deck to look out over the mountains and valleys. Way down below there is a bridge and even further down (to the bottom) is a mountain stream. A group of us decided to hike down. Down was hard, but so filled with anticipation on seeing the stream that we ended up in a jog in parts (and because some of the slopes are so extreme that gravity is hard to beat). We made it to the bottom walked about and hiked a different way up. While working my way down, I had a small potentially traumatic incident: I dropped my camera and it fell and fell and fell some more, until it landed on a ledge right before a 20-30ft. drop to the stream below. Well, of course I had to go get it. I had not had the opportunity to download two weeks of pictures off of my memory card that sat in my camera, way below my feet. I only lost my footing once while climbing down. But success! And my camera still worked. The hike back up the mountain seemed to be much harder than the hike down ... I wonder why?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a good picture of you with view to the horizon behind you. I am glad you and the camera are ok, and ready for more adventures coming your way.

Peace,