6/17/2007

time

So little time. I have very little time here at the internet cafe in Gliwice before I need to head back to the hotel conference room for a meeting and to celebrate a teammate's birthday, who also happens to be my roommate (but shhh, it is a surprise for her). Briefly, this is what has been happening: Friday, we were 'on holiday' (we took the day off), so that we could go to Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps. I am not ready to post any pictures from there yet because I do not know how best to show those places in pictures without losing the atmosphere and feelings that should accompany a place with so rich a history. On our way back to Gliwice, we stopped by a ski resort. Of course there was no snow on the ground (the high has been in the lower nineties with short afternoon showers). we rode up the ski lift (tram) and some people walked to the Czech border while others, including myself, did the "luge". That was awesome. Think bob-sled without ice and just singular rider. So that was Friday. Saturday, we did a half-day at the site, had a cook-out with Habitat people, and then left at about 2pm. Today (Sunday), we had time with a soon-to-be Habitat homeowner (some groups with different families). I will fill in the holes later with more picture to come. Have blessed Sunday (ours over here is almost over - seven hours ahead).

No comments: