3/23/2007

preparations

Preparations have begun for the first two of my travels: Poland and Mexico. I have just mailed off a deposit and final paperwork for the Poland mission trip. Even though it might be premature, I have also started looking at different flight times and prices; it is a long flight (18-22 hour total flight time, one direction) and it costs about as much as the trip itself. I am terrified of flying over the pond to the east (Atlantic Ocean), so I am glad that the majority of that will be at night so I do not have to actually see all of that seemingly unending water.

At school this week, we had our first planning meeting for the Mexico studio. I am very excited about having the opportunity to work and learn in that setting. The selection process is still before us with different short essay responses and conferences with past professors to decide who the lucky sixteen will be. It is a three week long work and educational experience in Chihuahua, Mexico on a boarding school. As this summer approaches more and as I learn more, I will share more (imagine that).

1 comment:

RuthT said...

These trips are very cool. I am so with you on the flying over the pond or any spot of water but it is the way to get somewhere in a timely manner. A ship would be worse! You are in my prayers and I am so glad to have the link to your page. May God grant you peace about your flight.